Transformers: Age of Extinction is an upcoming 2014 American science fiction action film based on the Transformers franchise. It is the fourth installment of the live-action Transformers film series and stars Mark Wahlberg in the lead role. A sequel to Transformers: Dark of the Moon, the film takes place four years after the invasion of Chicago. Like its predecessors, the film is directed by Michael Bay and executive produced by Steven Spielberg. The screenplay is written by Ehren Kruger, who served as screenwriter since Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. This is the first film in the series to feature an entirely new cast and the first to feature the Dinobots. Returning Transformers include Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Ratchet.
When mechanic Cade and his daughter Tessa discover Optimus Prime, it brings down the Autobots, Decepticons and a paranoid government agency down on them that interrupts their quiet life.
- Mark Wahlberg as Cade Yeager, a single father and struggling inventor.
- Nicola Peltz as Tessa Yeager, Cade's daughter.
- Jack Reynor as Shane Dyson, Tessa's boyfriend and a race car driver.
- Stanley Tucci as Joshua, an arrogant designer who wants to build his own robots.
- Sophia Myles as Darcy, Joshua's geologist assistant.
- Kelsey Grammer as Harold Attinger, a paranoid government official.
- T. J. Miller as Lucas, Cade's best friend and a mechanic.
- Titus Welliver as Savoy, leader of the team of agents hired by Attinger.
- Li Bingbing as Su Yueming, the "CEO of the Chinese Transformers".
- Melanie Specht as the "Grande Dame", Joshua's senior executive assistant.
- Victoria Summer as Joshua’s executive assistant.
Han Geng was cast in an unspecified role. Byron Li, Austin Lin, Candice Zhao, and Teresa Daley were cast in roles after winning the reality television show Transformers 4 Chinese Actors Talent Search Reality Show
- Peter Cullen voices Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots who transforms into a rusty Marmon 97 semi truck and later, a blue and red Western Star 4900 Phantom Custom semi-trailer truck.
- Bumblebee, an Autobot scout who transforms into a modified 1967 Camaro and later, a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro concept.
- Ratchet, the Autobots' medical officer who transforms into a light green Rescue Hummer H2.
- Hound, an Autobot commando who transforms into an Oshkosh Defense Medium Tactical Vehicle.
- Crosshairs, an Autobot paratrooper who transforms into a green 2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray.
- Drift, an Autobot tactician and a former Decepticon who transforms into a black and blue 2013 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse.
- Grimlock, the leader of the Dinobots who transforms into a horned, mechanical Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- Strafe, a Dinobot who specializes in assault infantry and transforms into a two-headed, mechanical Pteranodon.
- Slug, a Dinobot who transforms into a mechanical spiked Triceratops.
- Scorn, the Dinobots' demolition specialist who transforms into a mechanical three-sailed Spinosaurus.
- Slash, a Dinobot stealth fighter who transforms into a mechanical Velociraptor.
- Galvatron, a human-made Transformer who becomes the Decepticon overlord. He transforms into a black and grey 2014 Freightliner Argosy cab over trailer.
- Lockdown, a Decepticon bounty hunter who transforms into a grey 2013 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Coupe.
- Stinger, a human-made Transformer who becomes a Decepticon spy and sabotage specialist. He transforms into a red and black 2013 Pagani Huayra.
- Junkheap, a Decepticon who transforms into a Chinese garbage truck of Waste Management, Inc.
- A white Chevrolet Sonic RS.
- A bluish grey Trumpchi E-jet.
- A white 2013 Chevrolet Camaro.
- Black Rally Fighter cars with a skull logo.
- Six different colored Chevrolet Traxes
The film is set for release on June 27, 2014, in IMAX and 3D.